Tuesday 16 March 2010

These pictures are in the wrong order, it should be reversed.

These are my design ideas for the basic design I was given.

The first idea I started with was a portable version of the hand operated crane with a triangular shaped boom. The problems I found with this design was making it portable was very difficult and a hand operated winch system with pulleys might not have been the most effective as the pulleys could get jammed and the rope system was complicated.

So I switched to the idea of a telescopic beam with a simple powered winch. This design could be disassembled in half and transported in this fashion. It has a simple screw system to change the pitch of the boom and it also features a pivot so the load can be moved. It has extendible legs for balance.









No comments:

Post a Comment